Horse & Mule Days
Thanks to all that came and enjoyed learning from the best teachers around! Plan now to pack up the family for a couple days of fun in May 2018. Be ready to be taken back in time with horse-drawn equipment demonstrations, wagon rides, and a country-style dinner and lunch. This event will allow you and the family to share in the fun of seeing horses demonstrate how each piece of equipment works and what it does. You will see plowing, harrowing, discing, haying, and round pen training as well as classes on packing, driving, training, and harnessing.
Don't forget to bring any horses or horse related items that you would like to sell during the auction. Let us know if you have items, equipment, or stock you want included in the auction. If you would like to advertise your items, please let us know ahead of time.
Review photos below to remind yourselves of what you enjoyed or show you what you missed this year 2017.
Note: We are in need of Horses and Horse related Items for this Event
Dates and scheduling for our 2017 event:
2017 Horse and Mule Days
Friday, May 12th:
Starting at 10am Friday Morning till Mid to Late afternoon, these Events will take place;
- 10:00-12:00 Round Pen - Ground work in hand to prepare for saddling & ground safety (Max Salisbury has over 40 years of experience from start to finish)
- 12:00-1:00 4-up with foot lift plow and 4-abreast with harrow and disk (Tom Johnson)
- 12:30-1:00 Homesteader with various attachments (Adam Yoder)
- 1:00-2:00 Walking Plow (Teague Shaning)
- 2:00-3:30 Round Pen Training (Max Salisbury)
- 3:00-4:00 Packing Seminar (Atlee Yoder)
- 4:00-5:00 Harness considerations for safety, comfort, and function. Collar fitting and adjusting harness properly.
- Questions and answers, ask a teamster. (Doc Hammill)
- 5:00-7:00 Outfitter Style Chili Dinner made over a campfire and served out of a wall tent.
WAGON AND CART RIDES THROUGHOUT DAY
Saturday, May 13th:
Auction by Mission Auctions
Jake Yoder 406-274-8348 and Matt Troyer 406-745-4930
- 10:00 a.m Sale of consigned items
- 12:00 p.m. Sale of large equipment followed by sale of horses
HOG ROAST ON SATURDAY AT NOON
BAKE SALE AND FOOD WILL BE AVAILABLE BOTH DAYS
RV CAMPING AVAILABLE (NO HOOK-UPS)
Some of the items sold this year 2017
gallery from 2016
Items sold in previous years:
Tack, saddles, saddle racks, nylon webbing, 19", 20", and 22" driving collars, and much more!
WESTERN HORSE AND MULE DAYS is an equine event and participants acknowledge the inherent dangers of such events. Montana law states that a person or entity is not liable for damages sustained by another solely as the result of risks inherent to equine activities.
CONSIGNMENT ITEMS: All items sold at the auction are "AS IS" and "WHERE IS". No warranty is expressed or implied. Please examine all items thoroughly before placing bid.
COMMISSION RATES: 15% per item $999.99 and under, 10% per item $1,000.00 and up.
Below are some photos of Horse and Mule Days 2015.